Saturday, September 4, 2010

Matt Hardy Not Happy?


"Gotta state this. I'm sick & tired of being 'hurt', being misused, & not being shown the respect that I've earned-something has to change."
That bit is from Matt's Twitter. I understand where he is coming from. Back when his whole feud with Drew McIntyre, really heated up, I drew the comparison to the story between Mickie James and Michelle McCool. I do not remember whether I mentioned it in a blog, on a message board, Twitter, or just kept it in my head, but it just seemed to me like they were using Matt to get Drew McIntyre heat. I made the mistake of thinking that they would give him the Intercontinental Championship as a "reward" for the use. That did not happen. However, Matt did technically win the feud, right? He got his spot back on Smackdown and Drew was deported? If Drew did not have some real issues there, I question if the feud would have even ended like that.
What came after that feud? Matt Hardy was involved in a little thing that teased a heel turn from Christian. Now? Matt Hardy is in pretty much the same spot he was before. He's a jobber. McIntyre may not be pushed as heavily as he was before, but he is not in the same position as Matt Hardy.
I think Matt Hardy should just quit the WWE. I have seen him ask the fans whether he should stay or leave. I have seen him claim that pretty much every year would be his year. WWE keeps on screwing him over in that regard. He is more over than a lot of other guys. He has sacrificed his body a lot for the fans and to put coin in the WWE's pocket. He has shown more loyalty to the WWE than his brother, but that is a debate I do not want to get into. I am not saying they have to push him in the main event right now, but when was the last time Matt Hardy was given a meaningful push against someone that is his equal or better? When was the last time he had a feud where both he and his opponent can mutually benefit, if not have Matt elevated a bit himself? At this rate, they might as well had Matt Hardy take Beth Phoenix's place after she got injured in the Smackdown diva division. Have him put over McCool. He can probably do a better job at it than Beth. Why? He has the overness. That is why he was used against McIntyre. Now Rhodes? I don't even want to go there.
Matt Hardy had dedicated his life to entertaining the fans. If he was still allowed to be a respectable entertainer, I do not think he would complain. But his use has gone down the toilet. The WWE will continue to use him but never spit him out, like they did Mickie James. As his feud with McIntyre proved, they do not have to hand him any titles at all. They must feel they can keep him content with feud-ending victories to keep him content, even if the feuds are really doing more for the heels he is working against than himself. He will always be stuck as just a tool. The fans respect him, but the WWE's idea of respect is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment