Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 Royal Rumble Preview

That time of year again. 30 men in one match. Surprise returns? Chris Jericho wouldn't miss this. You might also expect Sheamus. But the most important thing to speculate is which one of these 30 will win the match and get that title shot for Wrestlemania. I'll talk about which I think are the top 3 choices.

Batista just came back this week. He has already made it clear that he wants a title shot. Randy Orton is facing a line of challengers. Batista feuding with Randy Orton definitely seems like a good feud. That does not mean it has to happen at Wrestlemania. Besides that, Batista has already won the Royal Rumble. Is this a guy that deserves to win more than one?

CM Punk has the worst number in the Royal Rumble. He will be #1. It is not unheard of that the WWE develops an angle where a face has his back to the wall at the Royal Rumble and finds a way to still win. CM Punk can win the match and The Authority then starts trying to screw him out of his title shot. Whether they are successful or not is a different story. If they are successful, that could leave CM Punk to go after Triple H, while someone else gets the title shot for Wrestlemania. I don't think that would be a bad way to go.

Daniel Bryan is hot right now. He already has a match against Bray Wyatt, but should he find his way into the Rumble match somehow, he would be a popular choice to win. I have said before that a guy like him should be having something big to do for Wrestlemania. A title shot would be big. I cannot picture him feuding with Bray Wyatt into Wrestlemania. If they don't go with a title match, I would like to see what else they bring up for him.

Out of these three choices, which do I think will win? Even though I like the idea of CM Punk winning it and getting screwed out of his title shot to help set up a big match at Wrestlemania between him and Triple H, I think Batista will win. I don't think the WWE managed to get Batista back because they promised him mediocrity. Rob Van Dam did not win his first PPV match back when he returned last year, but Batista might be a different story. I am not saying he deserves the win, but I would have to guess that Batista will win, if I had to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment