Monday, February 6, 2012

Daniel Bryan Looking Good As A Heel

I will admit that I am surprised with how the fans are already hating heel Daniel Bryan. Technically, he is still a tweener. He showed CM Punk a little bit of respect on Raw last week. He hasn't fully turned yet. Does it even matter? It seems this guy is someone the fans couldn't wait to hate.

The reason why I didn't think much of the heel turn so far is because it was a cheap heel character. He does cheap acts to retain his title and win matches. He acts obnoxious to get cheap heat. If you even go back to when Big Show ran over AJ, Daniel Bryan didn't actually push AJ into Big Show. The debate the WWE is selling is over it was Bryan's fault for having AJ out there. Okay, but the whole incident, as it looks in the storyline, seems like an accident. And is Big Show really a sympathetic character? Put it all together, it is still working out. It might even be working out better than the WWE imagined. As I said before, the turn isn't fully complete, but it looks like fans are already hating the guy.

I still don't think Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus would be an epic Wrestlemania match. I'm not against Sheamus getting a title shot. I wish he got one a few months ago, back when his push was more fresh and Mark Henry was looking really dominant. But now? And against Daniel Bryan? I really would not be surprised to see Daniel Bryan lose the title at Elimination Chamber, or see someone like Orton added to the Wrestlemania match to make it a Triple Threat match. It doesn't matter if Daniel Bryan does get good heat as a heel, I still doubt he is the WWE's choice to overshadow Orton as Smackdown's centerpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment