Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why Has The WWE Lost That Feel? 1



If you ask anyone who has ever been a wrestling fan what is wrong with the WWE right now, you will probably get a million different answers. I am not like most people. I do not cry because John Cena is face, Orton is robotic, and my favorite wrestler is not holding a title. But even I feel that the WWE is just stale right now. Even I have a number of reasons. Let me just get one out.

The WWE is just riding its hype wagon too much. I don't care if more women watched Raw than Oprah last month. I don't care how many visits their website gets. I don't care if Raw is the longest weekly episodic TV show, so you can just have Michael Cole shut up about it. Did I know this stuff before the WWE decided to boast it? No, but I did not care to know it either.

I was just amazed at how overhyped the WWE treated their Raw event at MSG a few month ago. With all the hype, you would think they were doing a pay-per-view. I am a New Yorker. I have been to MSG a few times. I can scream about New York pride and all that crap, but I do not need to see the WWE treating being in that arena as so big a deal. Why should that be their excuse to put on an impressive Raw, in between all the MSG hype of course? I know Vince is big on MSG, but stop thinking with your ego! Is the WWE trying to pander to the New Yorkers' egos? This is just stupid.

I want the WWE to stop telling me how great they are every week. Video packages about all the history at certain pay-per-views or arenas are fine now and then, but I do not want that to be worth more than the actual product I am seeing. Start showing me why you are still great. I don't want to hear it, I want to see it. You cannot live on your past accomplishments forever. People will realize that you are jsut full of overrated crap and hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment